Wednesday, March 23, 2011

So many babies!

There are many "expectant mothers" in my life these days, which is very exciting. It also gives me an opportunity to try new projects. I found a seller on Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop/hollanddesigns?page=1) who has some awesome patterns. Jason's coworker is expecting a little boy in May, so I bought the loafer's pattern to try. I think they came out absolutely adorable!

Of course, I had to make a little hat to match. I put it on one of Faith's baby dolls, it's a little big, but you get the idea:
Here's the link to the pattern for the hat: http://www.etsy.com/listing/62682669/pattern-the-original-crazy-easy-textured?ref=sr_list_10&ga_search_query=textured+newsboy&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

I'm working on a froggy "lovey" to go with it, hopefully I can get it done and get it to her soon. Grad school, work, the kids, the house, etc is a lot to balance, but I have to squeeze some "creative time" in somewhere!

And along those lines, Isaac has been exploring his "creative side," all over Faith's walls :(

1 comment:

  1. First of all the booties are really so very cute! And of course the matching hat really makes a complete outfit! I really don't see how you do it! Now for the wall, well he comes by that very honestly! His Daddy did the very same thing, but as I recall he was a little older, so your son has a head start! His Daddy drew a very detailed picture and was so proud of his work. I didn't spank him, but sternly explained that he was not to draw on the walls. The next day or so, I went into his room and found he had drawn on the doors. When I again addressed the situation very sternly he responded with "They aren't walls, they are doors." Well again no spanking, but he was then instructed to only draw on paper. He was fine after that. Now the drawing was on that wall for the entire time he lived here and only after I took over his old room as a sewing studio did we finally repaint the room and covered the master piece with paint. That was hard for me! The doors still have the drawing (it's on the inside) and everytime I see that scribbling it brings back wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete